Dating to find the right person can give you that amazing feeling. But at the same time, it can also be challenging to find the right person who will have a solid emotional connection with you. Even if he’s charming, it will be hard to deal with a man whom you can’t read, who is distant and looks uninterested in you attesting to signs of an emotionally unavailable man.
But what if I tell you that a man can love you without showing emotional intimacy? Knowing how hard it is to know how to deal with an emotionally unavailable man, will you still give it a try?
To help you decide what to do with an emotionally unavailable partner, let’s talk about the signs that he’s emotionally unavailable.
Table of Contents
Emotional unavailability refers to the lack of emotional expression of a person. It involves fear of being in a committed relationship, trauma due to relationship history, and more reasons. Emotionally unavailable people tend to avoid any emotional attachment, making it hard for them to establish healthy relationships.
Being with someone who seems not to care about you is hard. But you can’t just give up the person you love, especially if there’s a chance that he really loves you. So to help you find out if he’s not really into you or he’s just emotionally unavailable, take a look at these signs of an emotionally unavailable man:
1. He Avoids Intimacy
Emotionally unavailable people usually avoid being intimate with their partners. They can still have a prolonged hug, and physical touch, but they are less likely to be expressive with their feelings. If your man has no emotional availability, you’ll always feel like you’re hitting a wall each time you get close to him. There will be less intimate conversations, and you’ll feel like he’s avoiding personal topics.
2. He Can’t Commit
To establish emotional bonds, couples mostly spend some quality time. After that, when they get along, they usually want to get to know each other even more. But with an emotionally unavailable man, it’s hard to commit. There’s this fear of getting to the next level and getting attached to someone. This is no less one of the major signs of an emotionally unavailable man that’s hard to hide.
3. He’s Less Likely to Make Efforts For You
If you are dating an emotionally unavailable person, you’ll notice that he doesn’t reciprocate the efforts you make. He might want to be with you, but he rarely makes plans, reach out, and make you feel that you’re part of his priorities. It’s like you’re the only person doing what’s necessary to make things work between the two of you.
4. He’s Always Giving Excuses
It’s challenging for an emotionally unavailable man to trust other people. So, when you’re asking him serious questions, you’ll notice that he just keeps giving excuses. He reacts to situations, but he is less likely to tell how he really feels about them. Besides that, you’ll also notice that he rarely starts a conversation.
5. He Tends to Have Low Empathy
Empathy is essential in a healthy relationship. But with an emotionally unavailable person, you’ll be less likely to feel the care as you express your feelings. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he doesn’t care about you. He might just have other ways of expressing his feelings which can be of the signs an emotionally unavailable man is in love with you.
6. He Keeps Shutting You Down
Another sign of being emotionally unavailable is shutting down their partner. He makes you feel so alone, and when you ask for more, he’ll call you demanding. You’ll feel that you’re dating someone, but at the same time, you’ll feel like a single person who doesn’t have someone to depend on.
Being with someone who keeps playing between the line and can’t give you the certainty might be stressful. However, there are special cases wherein a man really loves you, but he’s just struggling to fight against his fears. If you find yourself in love with an emotionally unavailable man, here’s what you can do.
Past traumas, emotional issues, and so much more reasons could have caused why your man to be not available emotionally. That’s why you can understand why some men are like that. But if you enter a relationship wherein your partner can’t give you the emotional assurance, you’ll just find yourself frustrated.
Many women stay despite the difficulties of being with an emotionally unavailable partner. Sometimes because of the attraction, convenience, and fear that they might not find someone better.
However, you can’t assume that someone will actually change for you. It’s his job to fight his fears, and it’s not your job to wait while neglecting your needs. Thus, if you are no longer happy and satisfied with how he makes you feel, let him go,
Don’t settle for a man who will keep you confused. It might be hard to find the courage to leave your partner, but you need to put yourself first, too.
If you’re dealing with an emotionally unavailable man, you probably feel like you’re in a relationship that’s not really going anywhere. You might feel like he’s with you because he has to be, rather than because he wants to be.
Emotionally unavailable men can come in many different forms and at times it can be difficult to figure out if your man is emotionally available or not. It could be that he’s just shy, or maybe he’s not used to showing his emotions. It could also be that he’s just not ready for a relationship yet, or maybe he just doesn’t want one.
If you asking how to say goodbye to an emotionally unavailable man? It’s simple, if your guy is emotionally unavailable and doesn’t seem willing to change things, then it might be time to move on before too much time goes by and you get confused even more than you already have been by him.
If you find yourself wondering how to deal with emotionally unavailable men then here are some tips for getting through this tough time:
1. When you ignore an emotionally unavailable man. The first thing you should do is take a step back from the situation and look at what’s going on from an outside perspective. This isn’t about you or them; it’s about the relationship between the two of you.
2. Once you’ve taken an objective look at things, try talking to him about whatever it is that’s bothering him so much that his behaving this way in the relationship (if he actually talks), or try communicating through other means such as text messages or email if he won’t talk face-to-face with you. Here are tons of what to text an emotionally unavailable man.
3. Don’t get angry or upset if he doesn’t want to talk about anything because chances are good this person isn’t ready for commitment yet and doesn’t want to put themselves out there like that until they are ready for something more serious. If this does happen though then just know that it’s not personal against you.
4. Take care of yourself. You need to make sure that you take care of yourself first before trying to take care of anyone else. So often people will put the needs of their partners before their own needs and this can lead them into situations where they feel taken advantage of by their partner.
5. Don’t try too hard. If you’re trying too hard then you’re likely going to make him feel uncomfortable and he’ll run away even faster! You must try not to put pressure on him by showing too much interest in him or being clingy in any way.
This may make him even more uncomfortable than he already is with your advances so just take it slow and steady; this is how to get an emotionally unavailable man to chase you.
6. Stop trying to change him.
7. Don’t let your feelings get in the way of reality.
8. Be honest about what you need from him and yourself.
Emotionally unavailable men are a real thing. They are not just the guy who is too busy to call or text you back, they’re the ones who disappear on you without a trace and don’t care about how it makes you feel.
If you are dating an emotionally unavailable man, it can be difficult to deal with. Emotionally unavailable men often have the best intentions but can struggle to communicate those intentions and feelings effectively. This leaves their partners feeling confused and frustrated, which can lead to arguments or even breakups.
The good news is that there are plenty of things that you can do to help yourself deal with emotionally unavailable men so that your relationships stay healthy and happy. Here’s what we recommend:
10. Don’t take things personally.
11. Don’t push him into a relationship.
12. Don’t give up hope.
13. Understand that you can’t force him to open up. If you love the guy and want to be with him, the best thing you can do is accept that he won’t open up right away; these are confessions of an emotionally unavailable man.
14. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you; it’s about him. He’s got his own stuff going on inside of him that has nothing to do with you or your relationship.
15. Stop trying to “figure out” his emotions and behavior. Don’t get caught up in trying to figure out what he’s thinking or why he does what he does — this will only make things worse for both of you because it will create tension in your relationship (and probably cause arguments).
16. Be confident and secure in yourself as a person who can handle whatever comes at you from any direction (including from within yourself). If a man has trust issues, then he’ll have trust issues no matter how much time passes or how many times he forgives someone or himself for something he has done wrong (or failed at).
I hope at least these signs of an emotionally unavailable man have brought some clarity to what is actually happening between you two. These are some basic possible signs of a man who is emotionally unavailable or detached from someone he loves.
The reason that I am telling you this is to make you aware of the signs that can help you determine whether or not a guy is emotionally unavailable to prevent a further progression of this condition.