If your plan is to achieve a glowing complexion, detoxify your body system, are interested in losing weight, or are simply trying to improve your general health and well-being then you are in the right place, this guide on the importance of drinking lemon and cucumber water everyday is exactly what you need to achieve your goals.
If your wish is any of the aspects listed above then there is a high chance that you are no stranger to hearing people advise you to drink more water. But drinking only water can be quite bland and boring, which is why you would rather have a soda or a cocktail than drink water all day.
Fear not, precisely due to the problem of how boring water can be, there are various ways to spice up not only the taste but the effectiveness of drinking water on the body system.
One of the best methods in achieving a sweet taste as well as the benefits of taking in essential nutrients into the body system is by adding lemons and cucumbers to your drinking water.
Still in doubt about adding lemon and cucumber to your drinking water? Do not worry, this guide has all the answers you need to help you understand the importance of drinking these waters daily.
There are several reasons why you should be drinking this water everyday, as both cucumbers and lemons are known for their essential vitamins and minerals which are necessary for your general health and well-being.
This guide explains the benefits of, how to use lemon and cucumber water for your skincare routines, how to use lemon and cucumber water for weight loss, and of course the various simple, quick, and affordable recipes on how you can be able to make lemon and cucumber water at home.
Without further ado, let us get started on their benefits.
Table of Contents
10 Reasons to Start Drinking Lemon and Cucumber Water Everyday
Adding lemons and cucumbers to your drinking water is an easy, quick, and affordable way to not only drink more water regularly but also as a means to keep your overall body system healthy. Still in doubt, here are 10 reasons to start.
1. Detoxification: The combination of lemons and cucumbers infused in your drinking water is an effective way of detoxifying the body system. Drinking these fruits and water everyday is essential as the daily intake of these two essential organic items will help not only flush out toxins but also help to cleanse the overall body system.
2. Metabolism boost: Drinking water infused with lemon and cucumber helps to boost your body’s rate of metabolism, as the water is infused with the vital nutrients of both lemon and cucumber. The combined essential nutrients of both lemon and cucumber help to keep the body feeling refreshed and energized, which is why it will help to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
3. Hydration: It helps to keep the body hydrated throughout the day. Drinking lemon and cucumber water can also help to refresh and energized the body, especially on hot days when you usually feel thirsty and dehydrated. A properly hydrated body system will be able to function without problems.
4. Supports Digestion: Lemon is known for its ability to boost digestion and cucumber is known to aid bowel movement. The combination of these two items in your drinking water will help you not only to speed up your digestion process but also help if you suffer from constipation and resolve any gastrointestinal issues.
5. Promotes Healthy Skin: Cucumbers contain antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties, while lemons are rich in vitamin C and citric acid. it will help to reduce the presence of acne, blemishes, or dark spots on your skin.
It also helps to brighten up your complexion, tones your skin, reduces the skin aging process, improves the hydration of your skin, and makes your skin look and feel smoother.
6. Reduces Fatigue: It will help to keep your body’s electrolytes balanced thereby preventing you from feeling fatigued or tired during the day.
7. Promotes Healthy Bones: Cucumbers and lemons are rich in vitamins such as vitamin K which is responsible for the clotting of blood, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, manganese, silica, and other essential elements. This is why you should be drinking its water everyday as the combination of all these essential elements and nutrients will help to promote the growth of strong, healthy bones in the body as well as improve your general health and well-being.
8. Source of Antioxidants: Cucumbers and lemons are good sources of antioxidants, which is why it plays a crucial role in helping to prevent cases of water retention or bloating and also help to prevent cell damage caused by oxidative stress.
9. Weight loss: It is a quick and easy way to achieve weight loss. The combined nutrients of lemon and cucumber will help to keep the body satiated thereby reducing hunger pangs and cravings. The lack of cravings will help you eat less, ultimately resulting in the loss of weight.
Also, cucumbers contain little to zero calories, this absence of calories with the added sweetness from the lemon juice allows you to enjoy a sweet, refreshing drink that will not make you gain calories but help you lose them.
10. Immune System Boost: The regular intake of lemon and cucumber water helps to boost the immune system of your body in the fight against diseases and infections. This water will not only help in the prevention of illness but also promote your general well-being.
How to Make Cucumber and Lemon Water
Now that you know the amazing benefits, and you are hopefully very interested in adding this drink to your daily life, it is time to teach you the easy, quick, and affordable ways how to make cucumber and lemon water.
● One organic cucumber
● One organic lemon
● Drinking water
● Ice (optional)
1. Wash the ingredients to be used i.e. the cucumber and lemon with clean water.
2. You can choose to peel off the skin of the cucumber if you wish but this step is not necessary.
3. Cut the cucumber into round fairly thick slices, you can remove the seeds if you wish to or simply leave them.
4. Cut the lemon into thin slices to allow the juices to flow out easily.
5. Put your cucumber and lemon slices into a pitcher or a glass bottle (do not use a plastic container).
6. Fill up the pitcher with drinking water, cover it then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or you can leave it overnight to properly allow the water to be infused with the cucumber and lemon juices.
7. If you wish to have this drink sooner, you can fill the pitcher with cold water and ice (if you wish) then allow it to rest for an hour or two.
8. You can also use a wooden spoon or ladle to smash the cucumber and lemon slices to release their juices faster.
9. Once you are done drinking the infused water, you can simply refill the pitcher with more water or make a new batch with fresh ingredients. But make sure you finish the lemon and cucumber water within 2-3 days after making it.
If you wish you can also try out these recipes to add more flavor to your lemon and cucumber water.
1. Lemon, cucumber, and mint leaves: Mint leaves can be added to the lemon and cucumber water to add extra freshness and sweetness to the drink plus it also aids digestion. Simply wash the mint leaves, chop them into small sizes, and add the chopped mint leaves into the pitcher with your cucumber and lemon slices. Add drinking water then refrigerate.
2. Lemon, cucumber, and basil leaves: Basil leaves are added to the lemon and cucumber water to help boost the effects of the drink on the body. Simply wash your basil leaves, chop them up and add the leaves to the pitcher containing your sliced cucumber and lemon. Fill up the pitcher with drinking water and refrigerate.
3. Lime and oranges (in place of lemon): In the absence of lemon, you can also make your cucumber water with lime or oranges depending on what taste you care for. Lime will give a sour taste while oranges, will give a sweeter citrus flavor.
4. Pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon: If you’re a fan of fruits or just want to sweeten your drink then you can add some strawberries slices, blueberries, watermelon, or pineapple slices to your cucumber and lemon water. The added nutrients from the fruits will also help to speed up the effects of the drink.
Lemon, Ginger, and Cucumber Water Benefits
You know the benefits, but do you know that adding ginger helps to boost those benefits? Frequent feelings of fatigue, lack of energy, skin acne, blemishes, constipation, upset stomach, bloating, and being prone to sickness such as colds are signs that your body is in bad shape and you are in need of detoxification and cleansing of your body system.
This is where lemon, ginger, and cucumber water for detoxification comes in. This detox drink is filled with so many benefits for your overall wellbeing but you do not have to take my word for it, let us break down the individual benefits of each ingredient before jumping into the list of some of the lemon, ginger, and cucumber water benefits.
● Rich in Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, and more nutrients that are responsible for your body’s general well-being.
● It helps to neutralize acidity in the body. Diseases can not flourish in an alkaline body system.
● It aids in relieving problems associated with digestion such as indigestion, ulcers, heartburn, acidity, and constipation.
● It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce cases such as edema, bloating, and acne or swelling.
● Helps to keep the body hydrated and refreshed.
● It promotes a glowing complexion, as well as hair and nail growth.
● Helps to fight against bad breath and promotes healthy gums and teeth.
● Helps in weight loss as it can increase the rate of metabolism in the body, thereby helping you burn more calories and store less fat.
● Helps to keep the body in an alkaline state and balance the pH levels of your body.
● Helps to detoxify and cleanse the body.
● Rich in vitamin C and citric acid which helps to brighten up or lighten your skin complexion when it is used regularly over time.
● Helps to boost the immune system.
● Helps to prevent kidney stones.
● Helps to keep the body hydrated and improves digestion.
● It protects the body against anemia and reduces the risk of cancer.
● It contains antioxidants and other compounds that help to relieve and prevent conditions such as stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, heart disease, nausea, and osteoarthritis.
● It aids digestion, helps you reduce constipation, gastrointestinal issues, bloating, and menstrual cramps, and reduces the risk of diabetes.
● It can help to reduce your cholesterol levels.
● It has anti-inflammatory properties and can, therefore, be used to prevent and reduce inflammations.
● It can help to reduce and cure muscle pain and soreness attributed to workouts or strenuous jobs.
● It can help to lower your sugar levels, improve your brain function, and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
● Helps to boost your immune system to fight against infections and diseases.
● It can also help you lose weight through its ability to help you reduce hunger pangs and food cravings.
Now that you know the benefits of each ingredient, let us take a look at some of the lemon, ginger, and cucumber water benefits on your body system.
1. The lemon, ginger, and cucumber water is a simple, affordable, and effective way to detoxify your body system. The combination of these three ingredients helps to break down the toxins in your body, stimulate urination, and deeply cleanse your entire body.
2. Drinking lemon, ginger, and cucumber water will help to boost your body’s metabolic rate, thereby helping you burn more calories, use up stored fat, and help you lose weight.
3. Drinking lemon, ginger, and cucumber water will help to boost your immune system against infections and diseases. The presence of strong antioxidants in this drink helps to relieve and prevent conditions such as high blood pressure, heartburn, chest pains, nausea, heart diseases, high cholesterol levels, stress, anxiety, muscle pains, osteoarthritis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. The lemon, ginger, and cucumber water drink can help to relieve indigestion, constipation, menstrual cramps, gastrointestinal issues, and bloating. It can also help to speed the digestion process and stimulate bowel movements.
5. Taking lemon, ginger, and cucumber water daily will not only keep your body fully hydrated, and help to keep your pH levels balanced but also help to improve cognitive functions, promote bone health, and relieve muscle pain.
Lemon and Cucumber Water Benefits For Skin
Have you ever noticed how bad your skin gets once you stop using the beauty products that made you glow? You must be familiar with the saying that goes, “beauty comes from within”, well there is much wisdom behind this saying as your complexion can not glow on the outside when your body is unhealthy on the inside. While beauty products can help, the permanent solution to a healthy, glowing complexion comes from within.
We have covered so much about its benefits, now let us take an in-depth look at lemon and cucumber water benefits for the skin.
1. Drinking lemon and cucumber water regularly will help to keep your body hydrated. A properly hydrated body also means well-hydrated skin. Keeping your skin hydrated will help to nourish your skin, maintain your skin’s elasticity, keep your skin moisturized, as well as reduce the presence of pores, blemishes, acne, and wrinkles.
2. Lemon and cucumber water have a cooling effect that can help to soothe sunburns and relieve skin irritations. This is due to the mild astringent property of cucumbers and the presence of citric acid in lemon.
3. The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon and cucumber water can help to reduce inflammation on the skin, and swelling, as well as relieve allergic reactions.
4. Drinking lemon and cucumber water will help to boost your immune system which in turn helps your body fight infections and diseases. A strong immune system will protect you against acne and keep your skin looking fresh.
5. Using your lemon and cucumber water everyday as a face toner will help to brighten up your complexion, and reduce the presence of dark circles, puffiness, freckles, blemishes, acne, and dark spots over time. It also helps to fade and tighten up your pores as well as to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin leading to an overall glowing complexion.
How to Prepare Lemon and Cucumber Water For Weight Loss Recipe
If you are on a weight-loss mission or simply interested in ways to keep your body healthy without gaining any extra weight then drinking this water is perfect for you.
The combination of both lemon and cucumber in water helps to boost your metabolism rate, helps you burn calories faster, helps to reduce hunger pangs and sugar cravings as well as to provide essential nutrients for your general well-being and to detoxify your body system.
Ready to get on the weight loss train with lemon and cucumber water? Here are the best ways on how to prepare lemon and cucumber water for a weight loss recipe.
1. Lemon and Cucumber Water
● You will need one cucumber and two lemons. Cut the cucumber and lemons into thin slices then place them in a pitcher or glass container (depending on the size of the pitcher you may use two cucumbers if it is large and just one if it is small or medium in size).
● Fill up the pitcher with drinking out then cover it, place it down somewhere safe and allow to rest for at least 8 hours or leave overnight.
● Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, during the day, and at night (a few hours before you go to bed as this drink stimulates frequent urination).
● You can refrigerate the leftovers by refilling the pitcher with water or you can choose to make a fresh batch.
2. Lemon, Ginger, and Cucumber Water
● You will need one cucumber, two lemons, and fresh ginger. Peel the ginger, cut it into small pieces, and set aside then slice the cucumber and lemons into thin slices.
● Put them all in the pitcher, fill them up with water, and allow them to rest overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.
● You can also choose to blend the ginger and cucumber together then sieve out the juice with a strainer. Collect the juice in a glass cup then squeeze out the lemon juices into it. Stir then drink.
● It is more effective to take this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the last thing before going to bed.
● You can also store this drink in the refrigerator but ensure to drink it all within 2-3 days.