Whether you’re the parent of an 11-year-old or a teacher, planning fun, educational activities for kids can be difficult. That’s why we decided to do some research and find fun, engaging activities that are great for children who are in the 11-year-old age range. What are fun educational activities for 11-year-olds? Read on to find out.
It’s easy to get stuck in one’s routine, especially when you have to keep your kids busy. They are hungry for adventure and discoveries, but we, too often, glue them to their desks. As it happens, there are lots of creative ideas out there leading the young ones to fun educational activities for 11-year-olds!
Whether they are heading back to school, or just looking for something fun to do during the summer, here is a list of educational activities for 11-year-olds. This list has some really cool and fun activities that will ignite their curiosity, let them use their creativity, and allow them to learn interesting facts about the world.
Educational Activities for 11-Year-Olds
What do you do for fun? How about your 11-year-old? Activities that are exciting and have meaning can be educational. They enhance our lives and unexpectedly broaden our experiences.
If you’re 11 and looking for fun activities, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled some of the best educational activities for 11-year-olds. So, Do you have 11-year-old in your house? Here is a list of fun educational activities for 11-year-olds. Let’s get started.
1. Build a robot: Robots are cool. They can be programmed to do many different things, and they’re great at making decisions on their own. If you have an 11-year-old who loves robots, there are plenty of fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are incredibly good.
One fun one is building a robot from scratch. This can be done by using parts that you purchase online or in stores, such as batteries and motors, but it’s also possible to build one from scratch using wire, wood, and other materials found in your home or garage.
2. Learn about space exploration: What activities are good for 11-year-olds? If your 11-year-old loves science fiction and space exploration, there are many fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are beautifully clever!
For example, you can go on YouTube and watch videos about the history of space exploration and how people have traveled into outer space since the 1950s. You can also read books about different types of planets in our solar system
This is the age when your child will start to become more independent and gain skills that will help them with their future. 11-year-olds need to build on the skills they have already learned and continue to develop them.
This is also the time when they start to learn how to plan and carry out independent projects. It’s also a great opportunity for you to encourage your 11-year-old’s creativity, curiosity, and motivation – all essential skills for success in adulthood. Here are some fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are witty and good for kids:
3. Make a mobile phone game or app.
4. Learn to code (computer programming).
5. Write a book or blog post.
6. Offer your child extra tuition in maths or science.
7. Create a time capsule.
8. Make your own YouTube channel.
9. Start a new hobby.
10. Learn the rules of chess.
11. Start writing in a journal.
12. Find out about different countries and their cultures through fairs and festivals.
There’s a lot to learn in the 11th of your kid, whether it’s about history, science, or math. And while it can be hard to find fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are incredibly engaging, these seven picks will help your child become a better student.
13. Math: How well do your children know their multiplication tables? If they’re struggling with basic addition or subtraction, the educational printable worksheets will help them sharpen their skills.
14. History: It’s never too early to start learning about the past! A lot of printable history quizzes can help your kids get started on their journey toward becoming expert historians — although they’ll probably still need to brush up on their facts before they take any standardized tests.
15. Music: Who doesn’t love music? Whether your child is into classical or contemporary music, a free piano sheet music collection will keep him entertained while he learns how to read notes and play melodies.
16. Science: The world around us is filled with amazing discoveries waiting to be found! With nature experiments for kids, you can encourage your child’s curiosity about the world around her — without having to buy anything new!
11-year-olds are old enough to be more independent and responsible. They’re also old enough to be able to handle more complex tasks. Here are some fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are good at teaching responsibility, independence, and learning new skills.
17. Learning how to cook: Cooking is a great way for kids to learn about healthy eating and how to prepare their own food. It’s also a great way for them to learn about how the ingredients in food interact with each other and how different foods combine together to make something delicious (or not so delicious).
18. Starting a garden: 11-year-olds are often ready for some responsibility outside of the home, too — like having a garden at home or helping out at a community garden nearby. Gardening can teach kids about nature, science, and biology while also improving their hand-eye coordination and motor skills!
19. Learning a musical instrument: Musical instruments have been shown time and time again to improve brain function in children who play them regularly — especially when they’re introduced at an early age like 11 years old! If your child is interested in learning an instrument, there’s no better time than now!
It’s that time of year again. Your child is 11 years old and ready to move on to the next grade level. But where do you start? You can’t just let them sit around playing video games or watching TV all day. Here are some fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are important for them.
20. Learn about electricity: Electricity is something most people take for granted, but if you want your child to be able to understand how things work, then you need to teach them about electricity first. This doesn’t have to be a boring science lesson either.
Instead, have fun with it by learning about how different types of electrical work. If you have a battery-powered fan in your house, then put it on your desk and test out which materials conduct electricity better than others (e.g., metal vs plastic).
21. Learn about dinosaurs: Dinosaurs are awesome! Not only do they look cool, but they also teach us so much about our planet’s history and evolution over millions of years. If you want your kid to know more about these amazing creatures then make sure that they read books or watch documentaries on dinosaurs regularly throughout their life.
When children are 11 years old, they will be at the point where they can start learning about the world around them. This is a great time to introduce them to new things and expand their horizons. We’ve put together some fun ideas for what you can do with your child as they grow.
22. Visit a planetarium or observatory.
23. Get some telescopes for a stargazing party!
24. Take a trip to the zoo.
25. Go on an adventure at a local park or forest preserve.
26. Take a class at the museum or library.
27. Learn about local wildlife at a nature center.
Fun Activities for 11-Year-Olds
What are some fun educational activities? As your 11-year-old get older, they will begin to enjoy more complex, multi-faceted activities. At this age, they can complete tasks independently and will be ready to learn new skills.
They are also likely to have more time on their hands as they move from elementary school into middle school. This is the perfect time to get them involved in fun educational activities that will help them learn about the world around them and gain new skills.
If you’re looking for fun educational activities for 11-year-olds, I’ve got you covered. These are some of my favorite ideas that are beautifully great for kids this age and will help them learn so much more than just basic math and science.
This is a really great age to start learning about money, but it’s not always easy to find the right resources. So I put together a list that includes games, worksheets, and other ideas to help your child learn how to save money and make smart financial decisions. Here are some fun activities for 11-year-olds that are incredibly good:
28. Learn about money management: Teach your child about budgeting and saving for future purchases by playing board games like Monopoly or Cashflow. You can also teach them about budgeting by giving them a small allowance each week and showing them how to use it wisely without spending too much or going into debt.
29. The Great Courses Plus: Great for educational activities for 11-year-olds online. This is a subscription service but it’s worth every penny. It’s an online learning platform that offers thousands of lectures from an incredible variety of experts in all sorts of subjects.
30. Khan Academy: Khan Academy is another great site with tons of free resources on all kinds of topics. It’s not quite as extensive as the Great Courses Plus, but it’s still awesome!
31. Trello: Trello is a collaboration tool that works on any device and has tons of features to help you organize your work and keep track of your progress toward goals — or just keeping track of things generally!
11-year-olds are in the prime of their childhood and are filled with curiosity. This is a great time to start teaching your child about the world around them.
This is also a good age to start teaching your child how to manage their money. In this article, we’ll show you some fun educational activities for 11-year-olds that are awesome at helping your child grow as a person.
32. Learn about the world of commerce as their understanding can take.
33. Learn about personal finance.
34. Get involved in community service.
11-year-olds are at a great age because they’re old enough to be responsible and independent, but young enough that they still need some guidance. It’s a good time to start introducing your child to the world of work by letting them have their first job. If your child is an 11-year-old boy or girl, they’ll love these fun educational activities.
35. Have them do chores around the house: Chores are a great way for kids to learn responsibility, independence, and how to manage their time effectively. Plus it gives you some free time!
36. Take them on field trips: Field trips can be one of the most exciting parts of education for children of all ages! Chances are there’ll be something happening in your local area that you can take your child along to – from museums and science centers to outdoor activities like hiking or camping!
The best way to keep your child interested in what they’re learning is to make it fun. If you can find activities that are interesting and educational, all the better. Here are some of the best educational activities for 11-year-olds:
37. Learn about space by building a model rocket and launching it into the air. This activity will teach them about air pressure and rocket propulsion, and it’ll also allow them to experiment with more advanced scientific concepts like aerodynamics and Newton’s laws.
38. Help your child learn how to identify different insects by taking them on a bug hunt around your neighborhood or local park. You can even bring along some magnifying glasses so they can get a closer look at their discoveries!
39. Take a trip down memory lane with a photo album scavenger hunt! Find photos of old family members or friends that your child hasn’t seen in awhile, and then ask them questions about them (i.e., “Who was this person?” “Do you remember where we took this picture?”). This will undoubtedly help them engage their social skills and allow them to learn more about history at the same time!
40. Have fun with science experiments by making soap bubbles from scratch using just a dish.
41. Make a “giant” paper airplane: The key to making a super-sized paper airplane is making a super-sized sheet of paper. Buy a large sheet of paper from the craft store, and cut it into an airplane shape. You can use an existing template, or draw your own. You can also make your own templates by printing out some of the free giant paper airplane templates online.
42. Play with bubbles: Bubbles are great fun for kids at any age, but they’re especially magical when you’re 11 years old! Create your own bubble solution by mixing water and dish soap in a bowl until the mixture gets thick enough that it won’t spill out easily when you tip the bowl upside down.
Add food coloring if you want colored bubbles (or just make sure to use blue liquid laundry detergent). Blow bubbles in the yard or your living room!
Educational Activities for 11-Year-Olds Online
What can an 11-year-old do when bored at home? Here are some educational activities for 11-year-olds online that can be done as projects for 11-year-olds.
It’s never too soon to start learning but it can be hard to sift through all the options. Here are some things you can do with your 11-year-old when they’re bored.
43. Create a digital scrapbook.
44. Make your own video game: Video games are another way for kids to learn while having fun at home or on the go with their friends! Many video game developers have created educational titles specifically designed for kids who want to improve their reading comprehension skills, math skills, and more!
45. Create an online photo gallery.
The tween years are full of fun and important changes. Your 11-year-old may be starting to think about his future and the kind of person he wants to be. He might also be feeling more grown-up — both physically and mentally.
But even though your child is getting older, it’s still important for him to have some fun. Here are some educational activities for 11-year-olds that will make learning fun:
46. Online games: The Internet has an endless supply of games that help kids learn new skills and facts. Check out websites like Funbrain or PBS Kids for games that promote reading, writing, and math skills.
47. Board games: Board games are a great way for kids to practice strategic thinking, problem-solving, and other skills that can help them later in life. You can find many board games that teach kids about different subjects such as geography or history — perfect for a kid who loves learning new things!
11-year-olds are still young but they have already reached a point where they can start enjoying more complex activities. They are ready for more challenging concepts and more complex scenarios, but you have to be careful not to overwhelm them.
The best way to keep your child engaged in learning is by making sure that the activities are fun and engaging. Here are some great fun educational activities for 11-year-olds.
48. Practice Math Skills Online.
49. Practice English Grammar Online.
50. Learn New Languages Online.
Fun educational activities for 11-year-olds, right? The above educational activities are just a few suggestions intended to help parents and guardians interest their kids in learning.
While these activities are more than enough to entertain this age group, parents should remember that kids also need time to play, engage in other forms of fun and entertainment, and spend time with their friends.
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer for how to raise kids, but a healthy balance of work and play is always encouraged for adolescents.