Heading to San Diego this weekend? Why not slow the pace down and have some fun with your significant other. Here you’ll find some suggestions on things to do in San Diego this weekend for couples. Consider this your guide for a romantic getaway.
San Diego is a great city for couples; so much to see and do! The weather is always great, the scenery pops with color and there are so many activities to choose from. Here are just some of the things to do in San Diego for couples this weekend that you should plan on doing too!
What is there to do in San Diego for a couple of hours? There are plenty of things to do this weekend in San Diego for couples. From checking out the newest and best restaurants to running through Balboa Park, there is something for everyone.
Table of Contents
Sweet Things to Do in San Diego this Weekend for Couples
Are you looking for the best things to do in San Diego for couples this weekend? As far as cities in San Diego go, this is one of the most desired places to visit.
The city of San Diego presents one of the best tourist destinations in the state. Every month, it hosts several events that attract both locals and visitors. If your visit takes place during these times, it will be worth your while and money as most hotels offer special weekend packages and discounts for guests.
So, you and your partner have decided to take a short trip down to San Diego. You might be envisioning the many great things to do this weekend in SD, but you don’t know where to begin. After all, there’s no shortage of things to keep busy with down in San Diego.
San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities in Southern California, attracting sun-seekers from all over the world. Whether you prefer sandy beaches or hiking in the hills. The weather is always perfect, the people are friendly and there is always something going on. You can never be bored in San Diego.
Here are some sweet things to do in San Diego this weekend for couples:
1. Take a walk along the waterfront: There are many places along the waterfront where you can sit and enjoy a nice meal or coffee while watching boats sail by or enjoy the view of Coronado Island across the bay.
2. Go hiking at Torrey Pines State Reserve: This park is located just north of La Jolla, CA, and has some of the best hiking trails in Southern California. The area gets its name from a rare pine tree that grows only here.
Visitors will find excellent hiking trails through dense forests and along coastal bluffs with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean below them (you can even see Catalina Island from here).
The reserve also features an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., who also designed Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, CA, and New York’s Bethpage Black Course (formerly known as Black Creek Country Club). The reserve also has horseback riding trails into Anza Bor.
3. Check out Balboa Park: Balboa Park is home to not only one of the best zoos in America but also several museums and gardens that make it worth visiting even if you don’t care about animals. Spend the day walking around and checking out the museums.
The Museum of Man has an exhibit on ancient cultures like Egyptian mummies and Mayan artifacts; The Reuben H Fleet Science Center has interactive science exhibits; and The San Diego Air & Space Museum features planes, rockets, and military vehicles from around the world.
If you’re feeling hungry after all that walking, stop by Spar Restaurant & Lounge in Hotel del Coronado for lunch or dinner — they have amazing seafood dishes!
4. Romantic Dinner at The Patio Restaurant & Bar: The Patio Restaurant & Bar is located in the heart of San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter and has been offering authentic Spanish cuisine since 1975. This restaurant is perfect if you’re looking for a romantic dinner spot that offers incredible food and service.
If you don’t want to spend too much money on dinner but still want something special, make sure you check out their Happy Hour specials from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM daily!
5. After Dinner Drinks at The Blind Burro: The Blind Burro is another great place for after-dinner drinks with the love of your life! This bar has an intimate atmosphere that makes it perfect for enjoying an evening with someone special.
For this weekend, we’ve rounded up the top things to do in San Diego for couples. From date-night dinners to romantic getaways, these activities will help you and your partner enjoy some quality time together.
So you are planning a weekend getaway with your special someone and you want to make it special. You’ve got the tickets, hotels, and restaurant reservations all set. But what else should you do? Here are some suggestions:
6. Walk the beach at sunset.
7. Dinner at a romantic restaurant.
8. A walk in Balboa Park.
9. Shopping at Hillcrest.
10. A trip to the zoo or San Diego Safari Park.
11. A drive along Sunset Cliffs Boulevard.
Best things to Do in San Diego for Couples
San Diego is the perfect place to spend a weekend with your sweetheart. It’s close enough to LA, yet far enough to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Plus, there are so many things to do in San Diego that it’s hard to choose just one. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a fun-filled adventure with friends, here you’ll find some best things to do in San Diego for couples for this weekend.
San Diego is a city that’s known for its mild weather and Mediterranean-style architecture. It’s not just a great place to live, but it’s also a tourist destination that attracts visitors from all over the world.
If you’re looking for things to do in San Diego this weekend with your significant other, there are plenty of fun activities that will help you relax and enjoy your time together. From whale watching cruises to kayaking excursions, there’s no shortage of ways to spend time in the sun and sea with your loved one.
Here are some ideas for things to do in San Diego this weekend for couples:
12. Kayak through Mission Bay or Fiesta Island: Kayaking is one of the best ways to get out on the water and see some of San Diego’s natural beauty up close. If you have little ones with you, bring them along on the boat — they’ll love exploring new places from the water!
13. San Diego Wine & Food Festival: San Diego Wine & Food Festival is one of the biggest food festivals in the United States. It features more than 150 wineries from California, Oregon, and Washington as well as chefs from all over the world.
The event includes a variety of tastings, cooking classes, and seminars by some of the most talented chefs in the country. You can also sample a wide range of food from local restaurants during this event. If you want to add something unique to your trip, then this festival is definitely worth checking out!
14. Paint Nite at Black Cat Tavern: The Paint Nite experience combines wine and creativity while having fun with friends or family members. Guests will be guided through painting an original piece of art while enjoying their own glass of wine.
This event has been designed so that anyone can create a masterpiece regardless of their artistic skills! There are different themes available during each session.
The weather is perfect and there are a lot of things to do in San Diego this weekend for couples. If you want to go on a romantic date, check out these activities:
15. Get cozy at the San Diego Zoo: Take a stroll and get close to nature at Balboa Park. There are plenty of couples-friendly activities here, including an array of museums, gardens, and even the historic zoo. If you’re feeling adventurous, rent bikes and take a ride around the park’s winding paths.
16. Play a round at Torrey Pines Golf Course: This course is one of the most scenic in San Diego. If you’re looking for an activity that won’t put too much strain on your wallet but still has plenty of romance (and views), it’s hard to beat Torrey Pines Golf Course.
Not only will your partner think you’re a hero for taking them out on such a nice day, but you can also enjoy the beautiful scenery together while hitting some balls around the green.
17. Take in some culture at Balboa Artisan Village: Balboa Artisan Village is located right off Highway 101 near Pacific Beach, so it’s easy to find even if you don’t live nearby. This open-air shopping center houses more than 150 small shops selling everything.
Things to Do this weekend in San Diego
If you’ve never been to San Diego, it’s time. The city has been voted the best place to live in America, and it’s easy to see why. It’s not just the weather, which is perfect for year-round activities, but also the combination of culture and nature that makes San Diego so special.
From fine dining and wine tasting to hiking and surfing, there are many things to do this weekend in San Diego to spend your weekend with your significant other. Here are some of my favorite things to do in San Diego this weekend:
18. Take a wine tasting tour at Casa de Vino.
19. Have lunch on Shelter Island.
20. Go shopping at Fashion Valley Mall.
21. Go whale watching with Cabrillo National Monument.
22. Spend an afternoon at Balboa Park.
23. Take a ride on the world-famous San Diego Zoo Safari Park tram.
24. Enjoy a romantic dinner at Seven Grand or Casa Guadalajara.
25. Go to the movie.
Hopefully, this gives you an idea of what to do in San Diego and surrounding areas this weekend. For additional fun, enjoy a tour of area wineries or eat lunch on the beach at La Jolla Shores. We hope that the information that we have shared will help you to make the best possible choice for your evening.