DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you.
It’s one of the worst emotions in the world to feel as if you’re being taken for granted, and it’s even worse if it is in a long distance relationship. While you love your guy, he’s meant to reciprocate that love. That is why this post on what to do when your boyfriend takes you for granted long distance is the best go-to for you.
If he begins to remove himself from you and does not treat you with the love, respect, and concern you require, it is time to reassess your relationship. It’s pointless to speculate what’s on his mind.
Instead, take control of the situation and decide whether this is someone you want in your life. If your partner is too distracted with other things to prioritize you in his life, it may be time to start exploring for other suitable men who are willing to put in the effort to keep you happy.
So, because you’re nobody’s choice, this article will inform you on what you should do if he starts treating you like a choice. Sit back, note, and enjoy every bit of it!
Table of Contents
Signs He Takes You For Granted
You want to know what to do when your boyfriend takes you for granted but don’t know if the signs are real. There must have been a process over time and it could be that you were not paying attention or you chose to ignore the signs. From today, take note of the following. They are likely Signs He Takes You For Granted
1. He doesn’t Consider Your Choice: It’s only natural to seek counsel from folks you care about. Someone who understands how important you are in their life would seek your advice before making any critical decisions. If he doesn’t, it’s a sign that somebody has stopped paying attention to your impact and has begun to take you and your point of view for granted.
It’s a sign you’re being taken for granted if your partner only texts you on occasion—especially when they want something. While this kind of communication may be appropriate in more casual relationships, it is completely inappropriate in committed ones. The messenger, like a request call, expects you to answer on their time, not yours.
2. He is putting his work in front of you: You’re being taken for granted if your lover is “more committed to his career than to his relationship with you. Indeed, a relationship may not always be able to take precedence over the demands of the workplace, he should at least try to strike a balance.
It’s time to rethink your existing arrangement after you’ve become more like the side hustle for him and if your boyfriend always makes promises to make up for not spending time with you, but never keeps them, then you should that as a sign because when someone displays a willingness to break promises, it’s a sign that they no longer respect or care about you.
3. He No Longer Cares About Intimacy: Sure, relationships have their ups and downs, but you are being taken for granted if you feel like you have to beg to be cared for. It’s a hint that your boyfriend thinks you’ll never leave them or cheat on them. Regardless of how truthful it is, it’s a clear indication that they don’t value your requirements.
You’re being taken for granted if they don’t listen when you disclose your deepest feelings. After all, one can only hear one’s thoughts in a committed relationship. There’s no excuse for being that oblivious.
4. He hasn’t given you a chance to meet his family: After a long time together, if your spouse hasn’t introduced you to their family, they’re probably taking you for granted. It is glaring that you’re “side entertainment” rather than “the one.” If you were, his mother would be begging for a meet-and-greet, which they would gladly accept.
On the other hand, if he knows your schedule and begins some scheduling repairs, deliveries, appointments, and the like during your ‘free time,’ he is probably taking you for granted. After all, free time is a valuable, finite resource, and domestic errands should be split equitably between you and your partner.
How To Treat a Boyfriend Who Takes You For Granted
How do you discipline a man who takes you for granted? Learn how to make your boyfriend regret ever taking you for granted and give way to a more promising future in your relationship!
These tips on How to treat a boyfriend who takes you for granted will be helpful bits from what to do when your boyfriend takes you for granted long distance. As you read, don’t forget to take notes.
5. Stop doing things for him: To begin, quit doing the things he takes for granted. If you always calling to check up on him and he never does the same for you, stop it. If you send messages to spice his day and he never dims it fit to reply, stop sending it. If you are always at his beck and call, get yourself busy.
Stop contributing so much into his life when he doesn’t contribute to yours and start thinking about yourself. The single most effective way to make him regret taking you for granted is to stop doing the same things he doesn’t appreciate.
When those things stop happening, he’ll sit up and wonder what’s going on. He’ll suddenly realize you’re doing more than he’s giving you credit for, and the aim is that he’ll begin to consider how little he does as a result.
Of course, it could entirely backfire and spark a large quarrel, but avoiding doing the things he takes for granted is the only way to begin the process of gaining acknowledgment for all the things you do, often without a thank you.
6. Set some limits for yourself: Certain things are required to set a boundary among the things he takes for granted. Don’t go overboard for him, don’t sacrifice your desires to meet his, stop the regular display of affection.
You need to set some boundaries for yourself, so describe the things you will do, primarily because you desire or need them, and outline the things you will not do, primarily because you do them for no reason.
7. Concentrate on yourself: start concentrating on yourself rather than on him. Do activities that make you happy, such as buying new clothes, changing your style, learning a new skill, taking up a new pastime, or joining the gym.
What you need to do is put the onus back on yourself to give yourself the thanks that he isn’t giving you. Your boyfriend will notice the glint in your eye, and when combined with the fact that you are no longer do things he has been taking for granted, he will become restless. Worried men begin to investigate the causes of their feelings, and perhaps he will understand that he has been mistreating you for so long.
8. Maintain your dignity: Don’t keep doing things for someone who doesn’t show you respect or gratitude. Keep your head held high and your demeanor on display. Don’t get drawn into debates about it; instead, simply cease doing the things he takes for granted, explain why, and then let him adapt his ways.
If he refuses, if he continues to take you for granted and does not treat you with dignity, walk away with even more dignity and find someone who appreciates you for the amazing person you are and all the wonderful things you do.
9. Inform him that you are fine without him: You could assume that discussing a future without him is flirting with fire. When someone begins to treat you like an option, give them a real nudge to make them see what their conduct is doing and what the probable ramifications are if they don’t change their ways.
Simply show him that you would go if you had to and that you would be alright without him. You can accomplish this by becoming self-sufficient, focusing on yourself, and demonstrating to him that you are doing more for yourself.
How To Make Him Regret Taking You For Granted
You need to know what to do when your boyfriend takes you for granted long distance. The following points about how to make him regret taking you for granted are useful guides.
10. Re-energize your social life: Still trying to figure out how to make him regret taking you for granted? Start going out with your friends and rekindle your social life. If you’re cold or aloof around him and then suddenly start going out and enjoying your life more, he’ll start worrying about other people who might treat you better.
That could be enough to make him recognize what he’s doing, regret his acts, and make him change his ways in the future. Even if that doesn’t happen, you’re having fun, building your confidence, going out there, and knowing that if you have to leave, you’ll be alright on your own until someone else arrives.
11. Play it hard to get and explain why: I’m not normally a fan of playing hard to get; I believe it’s essential gameplay, but in this case, I’m all for it. Be a little colder, don’t answer the phone when he calls, wait a little longer before responding to his text, and don’t always be available when he clicks his fingers. He’ll wonder what’s going on, and when he does, tell him why.
12. Provide Him With The Silent Treatment: If he hasn’t worked on himself despite knowing it’s troubling you, and he’s acting apathetically, it’s time to quit being accountable to him. Just keep cool and don’t bother explaining yourself again.
You have done your fair share of the work, and now it is time for him to take charge of your relationship after noting your quietness. It is true that actions speak louder than words, and only if he realizes that he has taken the relationship for granted will he notice your stillness, recognize your worth, and effect change.
You do not deserve to be played and then discarded like a sack of trash. You do not deserve to have all of your aspirations dashed and your heart destroyed in such a horrible way. Without doubts, you have found this what to do when your boyfriend takes you for granted long distance article more enlightening and instructive. So, don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comments, like the post, and share with your friends.
- How to Fast and Pray for a Breakthrough in 20 Surefire Steps (2021) - 28th September 2021
- How to Raise a Grateful Child in 30 Incredibly Inspiring Ways (2021) - 22nd September 2021
- 20 Obvious Signs You Are Turning Away from God after Salvation - 20th September 2021