DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you.
Something is exhilarating about having your crush feel the same way about you; it’s just amazing! But how would you know if you can’t tell the signs a boy likes you?
You wouldn’t want to start asking your friends about it. They could tease you mercilessly. Worst still, you can’t just ask him! That could be so embarrassing, especially if he doesn’t feel that way.
So, how do you know if a guy likes you secretly? Is he flirting with you, or is he just being a friend?
Well, I know how confusing understanding a guy’s thoughts or actions can be. Like they can be so complicated. That’s why we compiled signs a boy likes you: 70 obvious signs that he’s into you.
By the time you are done reading this article, you will be able to know signs a boy likes you without talking to him.
Here we go!
Table of Contents
20 Undeniable Signs That He Likes You
Are you confused about a guy’s feelings for you? You are probably wondering what are the signs a boy likes you, especially when you are crushing on him. Well, actions speak louder than words. So what are his actions telling you?
Not to worry. Here are 20 undeniable signs that he likes you, and if you can recognize these signs in him, then he just might be attracted to you too.
1. He keeps his gaze on you always. When we really like someone, we always want to keep them in our sights. We inadvertently stare so much at them every time they are around us. So if you catch his gaze on you more than a few times, well girl, you’ve got an admirer on your hands!
2. He can’t stop touching you. Just as his gaze can’t leave you, his hands too can’t keep still, especially if he is more than a stranger to you. He’d probably tuck your hair behind your ears, or brush off an invincible speck of dirt on your shoulder, or playfully pinch your cheeks or hold your hands at impromptu moments. All just to get his hands on your person – in a totally non-creepy way, of course.
3. He doesn’t allow any barrier between you two when you sit together. If he deliberately leaves a chair, newspaper, or blockade between both of you, it’s one of the signs that he doesn’t like you. But if he does eliminate any barrier between you too when you sit together, that shows interest.
4. He compliments you a lot. He’s usually one of the first to notice a change in your looks. He would compliment your smile, clothes, brains; everything about you seems to get him excited. Bottom line, he’s great for your ego. If he is always putting you down or making you feel bad about yourself, girl, you need to move on.
5. His smiles get bigger whenever you come around. When someone likes you, your presence excites him, and you will see it in how his eyes light up or how big his smiles get when you come around. Even if he seemed subdued or bored, he would usually get animated once you are close to him.
Please wait a minute! Apart from constantly publishing meaningful content here as the owner of this blog, I am also a fast-rising artiste who need your support by simply subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you so much.
6. He is always interested in things that you like. If he is always asking ‘seemingly’ countless questions about your likes and dislikes, or taking note of how you want your coffee or pizza. Hey girl, you are in his sights for real! Naturally, guys, even the most observant one, wouldn’t care about those little details about you if they didn’t care for you.
7. He treats you in a special way. If he acts differently with you compared to how he treats his friends or other girls, he is probably taken with you.
8. He always pays attention to what you say or do. No matter how long it takes, he will avidly listen till you are done. You may notice this when he reminds you about something you said in passing or something you didn’t think he would remember.
9. He is protective of you. Even to his friends, he doesn’t let a bad word or action against you go undefended. He would probably push you out of harm’s way or advise you against a move that could hurt you. He doesn’t ever want to see you sad.
10. He unconsciously mimics your actions. When you like someone, you unconsciously mimic their movements. If you notice that he seems happy or sad, depending on your emotional state or his energy level mirrors yours, well, you may need to pay attention. Is he using your slang or speech inflections? Is he unconsciously imitating your mannerisms while you are conversing? Well, these are visible signs a boy likes you.
11. He acts weird when you are with other guys, or when you talk about them. This bizarre act he puts on when there’s a hit of interest in you from some other guy is called Jealousy. He’d probably talk out of turn or act somewhat for a moment and then apologize for his behavior. But deep down, he is not happy at the probability of you getting into any romantic relationship with someone who is not him, especially if he hasn’t gotten enough courage to ask you to be his girlfriend.
12. He goes out of his way to do nice things for you. The proof of love is giving. A man who cares about you can’t be stingy or selfish. One way to know signs a boy likes you is in how quick he is to give to you. He is continually thinking of ways to make you smile by doing sweet little things for you. Could be opening the door for you, helping with heavy bags, keeping you company, helping with mundane chores, etc.
13. He is always curious about you so that he may ask you many questions. He can spend a whole day asking 20 questions. Don’t be alarmed; he just finds you exciting, and he’s probably attracted to you. He wants to know you better, that’s why he keeps asking you all those questions.
14. He loves to call or chat you up about his day. He feels he can relax with you, so he doesn’t mind telling you about how his day went and that’s one the total giveaway signs a boy likes you.
15. He teases you in a way he doesn’t behave with other girls. Does he tease you, lightly pull on your hair or do things that make you blush or giggle, especially when he is quite conservative with other people? He may be feeling extra special about you.
16. He never turns away from you. One sign that he doesn’t like you is when he constantly shows you his back. It’s a way to forestall discussion between you too. But if he likes you, he would never turn away from you because he wants you in his sights, always.
17. If he is shy, he may look away whenever you catch him staring at you. Our eyes tell the stories of the heart before the mouth can say them. When someone admires you, they stare at you all the time, like they can’t help it. Bold men may peer intensely into your eyes as if trying to learn your secrets, but shy guys would blush and look away when you catch their gaze.
18. He acts nervously around you. Clammy hands, twitchy fingers, nervous laughs, shifting uncomfortably…are signs of a nervous person. If he portrays nervous symptoms whenever you are around him, he probably likes you.
19. He always likes, comments, and retweets your posts. In this era of social media, it’s logical that both of you use WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media that applies to your age and country. If he likes you, he would probably follow you on your social media handle, comment on your posts or status, retweet, or share your posts. This is his way of showing support and a great conversation opener too.
20. He always finds excuses to hang with or around you. Do you find him almost everywhere you go? Like somehow you see him at nearly every event you attend, or at the grocery shop just when you happen to be there, or at the library when you settle in to study. This may seem kinda ‘stalkerish,’ and sometimes it could be pure luck. But once he is aware of your presence, he would gravitate towards you. Yeah, the pull of attraction is pretty strong like that.
20 Signs He Likes You But Is Hiding It
Guys sometimes can be so unpredictable, especially when feelings are concerned. And if you can’t tell the signs a boy likes you, you might get whiplashed from seemingly mixed-signals.
He’d probably say how you are just a friend, but he acts like you are more. He is so sweet to you, yet he wouldn’t just come out and say what he feels!
Frustrating, right? We’ve got your back with these 20 signs he likes you but is hiding it. Leggo!
21. He loves making you laugh, even though he’s not a regular joker. If he is shy or naturally conservative, yet he does silly things like make goofy faces, or sings sappy songs just to cheer you up, watch out girl. He likes you like for real. Even though we feel guys are unpredictable with their feelings, they are creatures of habits. So when a boy changes because of you, you must be special to him.
22. He introduces you to his friends and even loved ones. Many men are quite protective of their private life. If they didn’t like you, they would not bring you into their close circle. A guy who feels uncomfortable being seen with you or telling his friends about you is probably not into you.
23. Finders Keepers. When you borrow something from him, the chances are that he would tell you to keep it rather than take it back. Some guys love seeing a girl they love wearing or using their things. So if he keeps asking you not to return borrowed stuff, it’s a pointer that he likes you.
24. He may inadvertently call you sweet names. This doesn’t apply to every guy, but most guys just love using cute names like babe, hun, sweetheart, and the likes when referring to someone they love. If he keeps calling you that unconsciously, you might want to pay attention to other signs that he is into you.
25. He loves buying you things to make you smile. Apart from acting silly to make you smile, spending on you fulfills a deep need in him to provide for you. He would feel uncomfortable when you pay for stuff in his presence. You might argue about letting him pay for your stuff, but he would insist or find a way to buy you things he’s observed you need.
26. He’s usually one of the first people to congratulate you on an achievement or celebrate your birthday. He is always excited and proud of your accomplishments. If he likes you, he will always find excuses to celebrate you and buy you gifts.
27. He is always trying to know your opinion on varying topics. Listening to you is never tiring or boring. So he’d pick your brain on diverse topics just to get you very comfortable talking with him. Mind you, he is taking note of every nuance, inflection, and the words you utter, because they help him form or solidify the opinion he has of you.
28. He’s one of the first to comfort you when something bad happens to you. Just as he is quick to celebrate your good days, he will be there to commiserate during the bad days too. He will show his support and need to be there for you, even if you are not really close.
29. He misses you. He tries to know your whereabouts from people close to you whenever you are not around. So when your girlfriends or loved ones tell you that he is always asking them about when you’d be coming back, he probably misses you a lot. You can’t miss someone you don’t care for or particularly notice.
30. He acts, dresses, and talks in ways that would impress you. He might add a little swagger to his steps, puff up his chest, deepen his voice, all to get you attracted to him. It’s like a titillating dance. If you offhandedly told him you like a particular perfume he had on, or you perceived somewhere, the chances are that he would wear it every time he was going to see you. He would also make some effort to look nice and polish his attitudes just to keep you impressed.
31. He doesn’t feel shy or ashamed of being seen with you. It’s even a thing of pride to get the best girl hanging with him. He will also view hanging out with you as a deterrent to other guys not to encroach. If he always avoids being seen with you, girl, you have to move on. You deserve someone who loves having you around them. If they don’t, then it’s their loss.
32. He acts like or says he misses you whenever you are away from each other. He would make off-hand comments of you being gone forever, or tying you down to him so you wouldn’t leave him all by himself, or something along those lines. Basically, you would discern by his behavior that he really missed you.
33. He loves supporting or assisting you no matter how busy he may be. One subtle signs a boy likes you, he will abandon what he is doing to help you out. He doesn’t even have to wait on you to ask for it.
34. He is good for your ego. He will compliment the hell out of you. Not that what he is saying is a lie, he is just blown away by your beauty and is ready to make platitudes about your looks. Even when you feel bad about your appearance, he will always compliment you and make you feel good about yourself.
35. He tells you personal stuff about himself. As far as you are concerned, you are part of his private life so he wouldn’t mind sharing other aspects of his life with you. However, some guys are intensely private and may not feel the need to divulge some secrets about themselves. Still, you would know more of him than many people do.
36. He forgoes his commitment elsewhere just to be there for you. When you call on him, he will try his very best to be there for you. He always wants to know you are alright and safe. So when he notices that you need some help, he would be your go-to guy. He’s that smitten.
37. Every chance he gets, he gets close to you. If he always leans into you or hovers around you when you are near, then he just might be feeling the pull to be close to you always.
38. He gives you intense, mind-numbing stares. If he looks at you slowly from head to toe, and he doesn’t mind if you actually catch him staring, he is probably interested.
39. Without being asked, he will take on some of your tasks just to impress you. Picking up stuff you forgot. Reminding you of an important appointment you told him about, checking up on you regularly. Getting you coffee on the way to the office and many other tell-tale signs are ways he lets you know you can depend on him.
40. He loves to spend on you and buy you quaint, little gifts. Even on non-special days, getting you gifts to remind you of him is not a chore.
10 Subtle Signs He Likes You More than a Friend
When it comes to things of the heart, men and women may react differently, that’s why you could mix it all up thinking a guy likes you when in reality, he doesn’t. Understanding the signs a boy likes you will make things a bit more clearer.
Even if he is a great friend and has never hinted at wanting anything more from you, with these 10 subtle signs he likes you more than a friend, you can now tell what he truly feels.
41. He is never tired of talking with you. He would be a great BFF even though he’s not a girl. He doesn’t mind your ramblings, in fact, he probably finds them cute. And sometimes, the silence is so comfortable that you’d rather just hang around him than go home. You might even lose sight of the time. He does this to know who you really are, not just the surface personality you show the world.
42. He makes plans with you. If he weren’t that into you, he would just flow with what each moment brings. But someone who likes you can make plans about places you can visit together or stuff you can do.
43. He’s different with you. He treats you specially. He talks and acts differently with you than everybody else.
44. He pays attention to pieces of your discussions. For instance, he knows some of your likes and dislikes just by a one-time conversation you had with him.
45. He asks a lot of questions about you. He’s so curious about your life, your friends, preferences, plans, challenges. It’s a show that he is interested in you even if he hasn’t told you yet.
46. He introduces you as someone special. Some guys go ahead and tell their friends or loved ones about the feelings they have for you. So when you come around, they introduce you as someone more special than a friend to hang out with.
47. He values your presence. You know a guy likes you by the acts of respect he shows you. For instance, he puts away all forms of distractions when speaking with you, and gives you his full attention. He doesn’t want to miss out on any important thing you might tell him, because you mean a lot to him. So when you see a guy chatting on his phone or reading a book while you are talking with him, it’s a sign he’s not into you.
48. He loves touching you. Not in an intimate manner, of course – that just ugh… I mean, light touches like a hand on your knee while you guys are discussing. Or he bumps your shoulder with his as you laugh, or lightly grazes your hair with his fingers. Just light quick touches that you might not even be aware of if you were not observant.
49. He is for opportunities to be with you. Whether it’s through calls, chats, or hangouts, he shows his desire to be with you always.
50. You always catch his eyes on you. Even in the crowd, you would probably catch him staring at you. If he’s a bit shy, he may look away, so you don’t find it odd that your friend is always looking at you. But girl, he might actually see you as more than a friend.
10 Psychological Signs a Boy Likes You
Knowing if you like someone is pretty easy since the feelings come from you, but understanding what the person you want feels about you, now that takes a bit of work. Why? Because humans are somewhat complicated, that’s why you need to know the signs a boy likes you.
From a psychological point of view, a lot happens in our brain when we experience some emotions, like happiness, sadness, anger, etc. Hormones are released into our system as a result of these feelings, and we could subconsciously act or behave in ways to show how we feel.
So here are 10 psychological signs a boy likes you, so you can tell if he feels the same for you or not.
51. Maintains eye contact. According to some scientific research, the hormone responsible for increased eye contact is called neurochemical oxytocin. High levels of oxytocin give a sense of wellbeing, increases pupil’s dilation, and promote mutual eye contact, which indicates interest. People avoid looking at someone they don’t like, but can’t help looking at someone who catches their attention.
52. Casual touches. Light touches are an indication that he may find you attractive; it isn’t a sexual invitation. If he playfully touches your arm, bumps your shoulders, or engages any other playful physical activities, then he likes you. Does he also love picking off lint from your clothing or straightening up crooked your shawl? It’s a clear indication that he wants you. If he moves away from your touch, he may not be into you as you hoped, or he is probably not yet ready for an intimate relationship.
53. Mirroring. When you like someone, you subconsciously mimic their actions or body positions. Mirroring helps build rapport with people and also shows you if a person likes you or not. At some point during a conversation with him, try changing your position, if he follows suit after some minutes, then he probably likes you.
54. Leaning into you. Inward leaning is another body language that shows interest. When you are sitting next to someone you like, notice how your heads turn towards each other, next is your shoulders, finally, your torsos fully face each other, and you lean into yourselves. If he leans away from you as if you are invading his space, then is not one of the signs a boy likes you.
55. Eliminates obstacles. If someone doesn’t like you, he would place barriers between you, such as magazines, cushions, bags/purses, cups, or other similar items. But signs a boy loves you, he’ll prevent any such barriers.
56. Grooming. When a guy likes you, he tries to look nice when he sees you. He would probably straighten his clothes, subtly use some perfume or mouth spray, little grooming acts here and there as an attempt to look attractive and presentable.
57. Displays nervousness. If he is usually a confident and outspoken guy, yet he seems nervous around you, then he probably likes you. Does he stutter when he speaks to you, or do you notice his palms are clammy or fingers twitching? These are indications that he likes you.
58. Supportive. He is super helpful if he likes you. Maybe he drives by to give you a lift, he helps you with heavy bags, volunteers to help with moving to a new place, fixes your car, you know, little ways to show that he’ll always be there for you. He doesn’t even have to wait for you to ask.
59. Compliments. If he notices when you wear new hair or use a different perfume and he compliments you, well girl, you’ve got the real deal! Most guys hardly take notice of what a girl is putting on, well unless it makes her look so gorgeous and attractive, anything else whizzes past them. So when he notices and compliments those little changes, he’s got you in his head.
60. Happy disposition. Endorphins are secreted in the body to boost happiness and reduce stress. When we are around people we really like, we become animated and happy because of this hormone. So if a guy can’t seem to stop smiling whenever you are around, even if he was previously morose, it’s a sign he likes you.
5 Signs He Secretly Likes You Body Language
When it comes to understanding the male body language signs of attraction, observation is key. It is vital that you are patient enough to note the obvious signs a boy likes you. Here are 5 signs he secretly likes you body language, that will give you an idea if he is hiding his romantic feelings for you.
61. He angles himself towards you. Does he come closer to you when you are talking, standing, or sitting together? Perhaps he leans into you so or angles his whole torso towards you. This body language says he wants to give you his full attention because he values your presence and doesn’t want to miss out on anything you have to say. He obviously likes you more you think.
62. He tries to know your relationship status. He could playfully remark on your relationship status out of curiousness. For instance, he could say, “I’ve got to let you go just in case you’ve got someone waiting for you at home.” Or something like “a beautiful girl with a fantastic personality just like you must have someone special in her life, right? Or something along those lines. He’s just subtly fishing for information about your relationship status, and if you like him too, now’s the time to tell him you are single and ready to mingle.
63. He tells his friends or loved ones about you. Do you notice his friends teasing him anytime you show up or pay extra attention to you? It’s a sign that they know how he feels for you and that they are receptive to your presence. Or he could introduce you to his family, friends, or loved ones as someone more special than an acquaintance.
64. He is receptive to your touch. Casual touch is a way to send a signal about your feelings to someone you like and are comfortable with. If he draws away every time you unconsciously touch him, he may not be into you. But if he reciprocates your actions or leans further into you after a light touch, he is letting you know that he likes you too.
65. Your instincts tell you he likes you. What’s your gut saying about his feelings for you? Do you recognize the chemistry between you two, do your instincts scream at you about his romantic feelings? You might want to pay attention girl because as women, you might be more attuned to emotions and auras than men. So what’re your intuitions saying?
5 Signs a Boy Likes You Quiz
Have you tried your very best to decipher the true feelings of someone towards you, but you can’t seem to understand? You’ve probably searched for various signs a boy likes you, but you are still not sure of his feelings. Well, engage this quick test to find out.
Carry out these 5 signs a boy likes you quiz to know if your crush has feelings for you too.
66. What does he do when you sit together? He…
a. Talks to me a lot
b. Sets a barrier or obstacle between us
c. Keeps staring at me
d. Ignores me
67. Is he in a relationship with someone else?
c. I don’t know
68. What does his body language say? He
a. Imitates my every move
b. Turns his back on me a lot
c. Grooms himself because of me
d. Looks at me a lot, maybe with raised eyebrows or dilated pupils
69. Does he treat you differently than other people?
a. To him, I’m just one of the guys
b. Yeah, he pays me more attention, looks or smiles at me a lot.
c. I don’t know if he treats me any differently.
d. He doesn’t see me
70. Is he nervous around you?
a. No, he doesn’t even notice my presence
b. Well, sometimes he blushes when I catch him staring at me
c. Yes. He fidgets, stutters, or laughs nervously when I’m around.
d. He acts normal with me as with anyone else.
Now that you know all the signs a boy like you, I’m confident that you can now tell if a relationship with the boy you like is worth pursuing or not.
Do you think we missed something? Kindly let us know in the comment section, and don’t forget to share.
- 21 Obvious Signs That a Godly Man is Pursuing You in 2021 - 12th October 2021
- How to Fast and Pray for a Breakthrough in 20 Surefire Steps (2021) - 28th September 2021
- How to Raise a Grateful Child in 30 Incredibly Inspiring Ways (2021) - 22nd September 2021